Home » MPA-IO

MPA-IO

Meet the MPA-IO Coaches

Frank Chen

Expertise: Public Management, Inspectors General, Data Analytics

Frank Chen is the Research and Publications Director at the Association of Inspectors General (AIG) and Adjunct Assistant Professor for the Department of Public Management at John Jay College of Criminal Justice (JJC). Frank earned his PhD from the CUNY Graduate Center and teaches graduate courses on computer applications and data analytics, research methods, economics, program evaluation, and inspection and oversight. Frank’s research focuses on measuring the effectiveness and outputs of state and local Offices of Inspector General (OIG) and how they “add value” to the governments and agencies that they monitor.

I completed my excel coach program with Professor Patrice Schiano (PAD 749-IG99) this semester. In my program, I provided three optional excel training lectures and extra credit assignments for her students (attached). The excel sessions were recorded for students who were unable to attend.

Email: fchen@jjay.cuny.edu

Benedict Tieniber

Expertise: Excel and Research (Analytics) 

Benedict Tieniber, Ed.D. has over 15 years of experience in education. He has taught High School, Undergraduate, and Graduate classes in Education, Math, Business, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Microsoft Office and Accounting. Ben is an avid runner and likes to give back to the community.

Email: btieniber@jjay.cuny.edu

Gregory Vayngurt

Expertise: Writing

Gregory Vayngurt is currently a non-teaching adjunct at John Jay University, serving as a writing couch to the Master’s of Public Administration Program. He also serves as a Legislative Staff Member for Assemblywoman Helene Weinstein. Gregory graduated from Brooklyn College with a B.A. in Sociology and Political Science and obtained an M.P.A degree from John Jay several years later. Outside of his work, Gregory serves as an Executive Board Member of South Brooklyn Democrats and is on the MPA Advisory Board at John Jay University. 

Email: Gregory.Vayngurt@jjay.cuny.edu

Annalise Wolf

Expertise: Revision processes, editing, writing instruction 

Annalise Wolf has been teaching university writing as a writing tutor and instructor since 2015. Her areas of expertise are in pedagogical design, writing revision, and late medieval and early modern English literatures.

Email: awolf@jjay.cuny.edu

Phil Zisman

Expertise: Writing

I am the former Inspector General of the City of Yonkers, NY; Executive Director of the Association of Inspections General; and a Distinguished Lecturer in the Department of Public Management at John Jay College. I have also been a writing instructor for 10 years.

Email: pzisman@jjay.cuny.edu